RECOMMENDED BY THE AMERICAN CANCER SOCIETY
This educational information is provided to make you more informed and to empower you with the skills and knowledge needed to actively participate in your care.
WHAT YOU NEED TO KNOW ABOUT COLON CANCER
- Colon cancer is the second leading cancer killer in the United States.
- Colon Cancer is most common in men and women over 50 years of age.
- People with a family history of colon cancer or polyps are at higher risk for colon cancer and should test before the age of 50.
- A family history of other cancers may also raise one’s risk for colon cancer.
- African Americans and Ashkenazi Jews appear to have higher rates of colon cancer.
- Early colon cancer often has no symptoms.
BENEFITS OF COLONOSCOPY
- Colonoscopy is the most accurate way to find and remove small polyps which are precursors to cancer.
- If cancer is already present, finding it early, before it causes symptoms or spreads, can increase your chances of a full recovery.
- It has become an easy and comfortable test with no pain or discomfort.
- The preparation has also become easier and no need to take large amounts of preparation fluid.
For more information about having a colonoscopy, Please call us at 201-288-678 today. Or, if you wish, use our online web form.